24 March 2016

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Hi there!

Nowhere else have I experienced how time flies than in our dear blogland ! It feels like yesterday that we started making Christmas cards. That was followed by celebratory New Years cards, Valentine's day cards and St Patrick's day cards. Tomorrow is Easter and we are surrounded by the most beautiful cards celebrating Spring (or Autumn in the southern hemisphere ).

And that's exactly what I have to share today. A Spring inspired flower card:



My card was inspired by 3 challenges:

Time out challenges  ~ CASE the designer, where my Dutch blog friend Marjan is the featured designer. Marjan makes the most beautiful cards and always inspires and encourages me with her designs and friendly comments. Dutch and Afrikaans are so similar, always fun to comment on Marjan's cards in Afrikaans and be able to understand her Dutch comments!

CAS on Sunday ~ Stencil it.

I used a stencil that was cut with my Silhouette cameo. I stenciled it 3 times in different positions using some of the beautiful colors that Marjan used on her card. I also added green stenciled dots .
I stamped a sentiment in black to finish off the design. The sentiment is in Afrikaans and one of a set of new Afrikaans stamps I bought on my last visit to South-Africa. It says : A wonderful day to you !

Uniko Studio  ~ Spring/Easter

                For your blog   



Thanks for visiting me today!

Hannelie 

20 comments:

SmilynStef said...

What an absolutely lovely design.

Keti's Projects said...

Lovely card. I love your colours.

Gerrina said...

Wat mooi hoe jij met andere kleuren de bloemen er anders uit laat zien! Mooi "gecased" en mooi CAS! En dankjewel voor het weer meedoen bij TIME OUT! Groetjes, Gerrina

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous stenciled flowers and I love the color combo! Another stunning card, Hannelie!

Cat Craig said...

So lovely!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous design, love the flower stencil and pretty colours you have used :)

Cheryl W. said...

Love, love, love this color combo! Your flowers are beautiful.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Absolutely stunning Hannelie, beautiful stencilling, gorgeous colours and one again you inspired me so much. Thanks for playing along at Uniko. Sarah x

Karren said...

Fabulous card! The dots really pull all those gorgeous flowers together.

- Bellule - said...

Fabulous card Hannelie !! Love the flower, the pastels colours !!

have a nice day - Joyeuses Pâques !

Bises ♥

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous! Understated yet bold x Lindsey Uniko DT

Jill V said...

So gorgeous Hannelie - I just love the take on Marjan's card - especially the polka dots that you used to frame the flowers - brilliant! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

Anita in France said...

Soft and dreamy and delicate, Hannelie ... paired with such a delicious crispness ... it's gorgeous! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Dana M said...

Just beautiful Hannelie! Fabulous soft colors used for the stenciling.

Mariken said...

Lovely CAS card!
Thank you for joining our challenge Stencil it at CAS on Sunday!

Beverley said...

I agree time is going WAY too fast! We will soon be on the made dash to make Christmas cards again! LOVE your card, beautiful stencil and stunning colour choice too. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

sandie said...

Congrats for getting HM at TO, I just realised I haven't added your card to the winners post...sorry will do it as soon as I get to my laptop, apologies xx

Marjan said...

Ik heb deze gemist, wat een mooie kaart aan de hand van mijn casekaart, Hannelie!

OH Babs said...

Congrats on your honorable mention what a lovely stenciled card.

Petra Swart said...

Hi, vrou, ek het nie besef dat ek so ver agter is met my Bloglovin besoeke nie, maar eindelik kom ek nou weer by jou uit, jong!!!
En wat 'n groot lekkerte om daai mooi Afrikaanse sentiment te sien!! Dit lyk tog te wonderlik so met jou lieflike lente blomme!!!! Daai blom is absoluut perfek om te stensil en jy het jou blomme so mooi rangskik en die kleure is so lieflik!!! En ek hou baie van die groen kolle vir ekstra lente vrolikheid!!!! En as ek dit nie mis het nie, het ek by een die challenges gesien jy was onder die wenners met die een - welverdiend en groot geluk!!!! 'n Pragtige kaartjie soos net jy
kan!!!
Groete